Earth Economics is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in Tacoma, Washington with a 20-year track record of innovation and success. Our mission is to quantify and value the benefits nature provides. Our work drives effective decisions and system change through a combination of education, natural capital analysis, and policy recommendations. We are currently seeking a Project Director (PD) to join our team. The PD is responsible for leading client and partner engagements throughout the full lifecycle from concept through research and report publication. Projects will range in topic from ecosystem service valuations to complex benefit-cost analyses, and funding mechanism recommendations. Projects may include small, rapid assessments or multi-year endeavors. In this role, you will help leaders around the world understand, protect, and expand their natural capital to provide safe drinking water, flood protection and many other critical benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Define project scope, approach, and budget with input from internal and partner stakeholders
• Assemble and manage project teams of internal and contract resources
• Engage proactively with the partner teams providing regular updates and leading working sessions
• Review published literature, public data, and conduct outreach to subject matter experts
• Write technical reports with input and contributions from multiple team members
• Present results to partners and the public at workshops and conferences
• Participate in national and international conferences, often as a presenter
• Manage all project logistics including schedules, deliverables, tasks, and invoicing
• Participate in business development, fundraising, and strategy development for Earth Economics
• Curious, flexible, and pragmatic with excellent attention to detail
• Experience successfully working within and leading matrixed teams
• Expertise and professional experience in ecological economics and/or benefit-cost analysis
• Excellent written communication including technical reports, presentations and fact sheets
• Strong verbal communication both 1:1 and through professional presentations
• Aptitude for conducting web- and journal-based research and integrating and summarizing information in a concise and timely, manner.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Degree in economics, applied science, or policy relevant to listed responsibilities (masters preferred.)
• This position may require up to 25% domestic/international travel depending on project need.
• Positon comes with a robust benefit package including fully paid healthcare.
• Compensation will depend on qualifications.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Project Director Position.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.