SOCIAL ECOLOGICAL ECONOMICS AND POLICY (SEEP)
SEEP is an innovative, fulltime, two-year M.Sc. programme at Vienna University of Economics & Business. Its theoretical foundations encompass heterodox economics, philosophy of science, international and European law, as well as behavioural and institutional perspectives. Students gain the ability to think critically about today’s multiple crises, while importance is placed on both theory and application as essential aspects of policy intervention.
There is no pretence that the programme provides solutions to the world’s problems, but rather an interdisciplinary understanding of value conflicts, societal complexities and barriers to opportunities for radical social-ecological transformation.
- International and interdisciplinary
- Realist and critical thought
- Small group teaching
- 4 specialisation areas:
- Social Ecological Economics
- Globalisation and Social Policy
- Globalisation and Multi-Level Policy
- The Political Economy of Inequalities