The Gund Institute for Environment seeks outstanding PhD applicants interested in conducting interdisciplinary research on urgent global environmental issues.
Students at the Gund get a deep understanding of complex global issues, hands-on training in interdisciplinary research and problem-solving with world-class scholars, and real-world experience collaborating with government and business.
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive environment where diverse voices and perspectives are active and welcome. We encourage applicants who bring diverse perspectives to our community.
Gund PhD Fellowships
- Gund PhD Fellowships support doctoral scholarship across four global research themes.
- Students receive up to four years of funding at $32,000 per year, tuition and health insurance.
- Learn more about Gund PhD Fellowships.
Gund Barrett PhD Fellowships
- Gund Barrett Fellowships support PhD students who collaborate on urgent issues in engineering and the environment.
- Students receive up to four years of funding, including an annual $35,000 stipend, tuition, and health insurance.
- Learn more about Gund Barrett Fellowships, a partnership with UVM’s College of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences.